Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the beginning of GrandeMarshall‘s relationship with the DJBooth community. May it be long, fruitful and full of dope music. The up-and-coming Philly rhymesayer’s first feature, hand-selected from his latest mixtape by the Booth staff, is a philosophical banger exploring the intersection of rap, spirituality and the hustle over the poignant, subtly soulful sample work of DJ Dahi. While Marshall’s ambition is palpable, he makes clear that he’s not about to compromise for success in the music industry, drawing a sharp line between himself and the myriad hucksters trying to make a quick buck off the game. Interest piqued? More awaits on the artist’s 800 tape, available now for free streaming and direct download.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls [With Rhythm]" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.