Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the beginning of GrandeMarshall‘s relationship with the DJBooth community. May it be long, fruitful and full of dope music. The up-and-coming Philly rhymesayer’s first feature, hand-selected from his latest mixtape by the Booth staff, is a philosophical banger exploring the intersection of rap, spirituality and the hustle over the poignant, subtly soulful sample work of DJ Dahi. While Marshall’s ambition is palpable, he makes clear that he’s not about to compromise for success in the music industry, drawing a sharp line between himself and the myriad hucksters trying to make a quick buck off the game. Interest piqued? More awaits on the artist’s 800 tape, available now for free streaming and direct download.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls [With Rhythm]" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.