Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the beginning of GrandeMarshall‘s relationship with the DJBooth community. May it be long, fruitful and full of dope music. The up-and-coming Philly rhymesayer’s first feature, hand-selected from his latest mixtape by the Booth staff, is a philosophical banger exploring the intersection of rap, spirituality and the hustle over the poignant, subtly soulful sample work of DJ Dahi. While Marshall’s ambition is palpable, he makes clear that he’s not about to compromise for success in the music industry, drawing a sharp line between himself and the myriad hucksters trying to make a quick buck off the game. Interest piqued? More awaits on the artist’s 800 tape, available now for free streaming and direct download.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls [With Rhythm]" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.