Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the beginning of GrandeMarshall‘s relationship with the DJBooth community. May it be long, fruitful and full of dope music. The up-and-coming Philly rhymesayer’s first feature, hand-selected from his latest mixtape by the Booth staff, is a philosophical banger exploring the intersection of rap, spirituality and the hustle over the poignant, subtly soulful sample work of DJ Dahi. While Marshall’s ambition is palpable, he makes clear that he’s not about to compromise for success in the music industry, drawing a sharp line between himself and the myriad hucksters trying to make a quick buck off the game. Interest piqued? More awaits on the artist’s 800 tape, available now for free streaming and direct download.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls [With Rhythm]" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.