Born and raised near Parramore Street in Orlando, Florida, Grandaddy Souf (pronounced “Sowf”) attacks the airwaves with Keep Em Coming Back, a song that sounds almost Chill Gangsta, but is actually about Souf’s sexual prowess with the ladies. Like this single that was produced with Coop’s mastery, Souf is a series of contradictions: he lived on the streets at the age of 12, got his college degree from the University of Arizona, sold drugs for awhile, developed his lyrical game and then teamed up with Hypnotize Minds in Memphis before going solo. Now he’s practically everywhere. As his new album Chasing my Dream suggests, Souf isn’t dissing his hometown but embracing the world.
Listen to More: Grandaddy Souf
Written by jackson on 07/4/07
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.