Unlike many in our country, I have never considered myself prone to violence. I have only fired a gun once (at a shooting range) and I have never been in a fight, but if the Jamla Army needed soldiers, I would be right there on the front lines defending hip-hop from weak bars and stagnant beats. In fact, by the time Jamla artist GQ’s latest tune The Town is over, I am sure a few of our readers will enlist themselves. Label general 9th Wonder crafts yet another dope beat, this one centered around a smooth piano riff. As the beat rolls, GQ is sure to impress with a distinguished, ear-catching flow as he reflects on his rise and where he came from. The Town will appear on GQ’s forthcoming, unscheduled new album Death Threats And Love Notes. While you wait, why not go back in time and listen to the Oakland native’s last feature, 2011’s Optimus Prime.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/14/13
University of North Carolina baller-turned-emcee GQ has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest street release, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude. The official prelude to the artist's as yet-unscheduled...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)