Unlike many in our country, I have never considered myself prone to violence. I have only fired a gun once (at a shooting range) and I have never been in a fight, but if the Jamla Army needed soldiers, I would be right there on the front lines defending hip-hop from weak bars and stagnant beats. In fact, by the time Jamla artist GQ’s latest tune The Town is over, I am sure a few of our readers will enlist themselves. Label general 9th Wonder crafts yet another dope beat, this one centered around a smooth piano riff. As the beat rolls, GQ is sure to impress with a distinguished, ear-catching flow as he reflects on his rise and where he came from. The Town will appear on GQ’s forthcoming, unscheduled new album Death Threats And Love Notes. While you wait, why not go back in time and listen to the Oakland native’s last feature, 2011’s Optimus Prime.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.