Unlike many in our country, I have never considered myself prone to violence. I have only fired a gun once (at a shooting range) and I have never been in a fight, but if the Jamla Army needed soldiers, I would be right there on the front lines defending hip-hop from weak bars and stagnant beats. In fact, by the time Jamla artist GQ’s latest tune The Town is over, I am sure a few of our readers will enlist themselves. Label general 9th Wonder crafts yet another dope beat, this one centered around a smooth piano riff. As the beat rolls, GQ is sure to impress with a distinguished, ear-catching flow as he reflects on his rise and where he came from. The Town will appear on GQ’s forthcoming, unscheduled new album Death Threats And Love Notes. While you wait, why not go back in time and listen to the Oakland native’s last feature, 2011’s Optimus Prime.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)