While it might be hard to achieve on a consistent basis, it is important to live every day as if it were your last. Need help getting into the right mindset? Then pay close attention to GQ, who delivers every line of his latest feature as if he were doing it with his Last Breath. The legendary 9th Wonder provides his Jamla artist with a strong platform thanks to his signature, sample-driven boardwork. Atop the chiming beat, GQ showcases his unique style, combining raspy vocals with a certain ease and fluidity on the mic. He delivers every bar with passion and hunger, which makes standout lines like, “I’m playing hard like Manigault for a bag of coke,” hit even harder. Last Breath can be found on GQ’s DJBooth-hosted project, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude, which, as the title suggests, is the prequel to debut album Death Threats & Love Notes. Watch for the latter to drop later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.