While it might be hard to achieve on a consistent basis, it is important to live every day as if it were your last. Need help getting into the right mindset? Then pay close attention to GQ, who delivers every line of his latest feature as if he were doing it with his Last Breath. The legendary 9th Wonder provides his Jamla artist with a strong platform thanks to his signature, sample-driven boardwork. Atop the chiming beat, GQ showcases his unique style, combining raspy vocals with a certain ease and fluidity on the mic. He delivers every bar with passion and hunger, which makes standout lines like, “I’m playing hard like Manigault for a bag of coke,” hit even harder. Last Breath can be found on GQ’s DJBooth-hosted project, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude, which, as the title suggests, is the prequel to debut album Death Threats & Love Notes. Watch for the latter to drop later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
University of North Carolina baller-turned-emcee GQ has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest street release, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude. The official prelude to the artist's as yet-unscheduled...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.