While it might be hard to achieve on a consistent basis, it is important to live every day as if it were your last. Need help getting into the right mindset? Then pay close attention to GQ, who delivers every line of his latest feature as if he were doing it with his Last Breath. The legendary 9th Wonder provides his Jamla artist with a strong platform thanks to his signature, sample-driven boardwork. Atop the chiming beat, GQ showcases his unique style, combining raspy vocals with a certain ease and fluidity on the mic. He delivers every bar with passion and hunger, which makes standout lines like, “I’m playing hard like Manigault for a bag of coke,” hit even harder. Last Breath can be found on GQ’s DJBooth-hosted project, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude, which, as the title suggests, is the prequel to debut album Death Threats & Love Notes. Watch for the latter to drop later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
University of North Carolina baller-turned-emcee GQ has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest street release, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude. The official prelude to the artist's as yet-unscheduled...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)