While it might be hard to achieve on a consistent basis, it is important to live every day as if it were your last. Need help getting into the right mindset? Then pay close attention to GQ, who delivers every line of his latest feature as if he were doing it with his Last Breath. The legendary 9th Wonder provides his Jamla artist with a strong platform thanks to his signature, sample-driven boardwork. Atop the chiming beat, GQ showcases his unique style, combining raspy vocals with a certain ease and fluidity on the mic. He delivers every bar with passion and hunger, which makes standout lines like, “I’m playing hard like Manigault for a bag of coke,” hit even harder. Last Breath can be found on GQ’s DJBooth-hosted project, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude, which, as the title suggests, is the prequel to debut album Death Threats & Love Notes. Watch for the latter to drop later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.