I know a lot of things. I know how to write about rap songs, I know how to open a beer bottle with a set of keys, and I know anything GQ is involved in is going to be dope. For the Oakland representer’s latest single GQ grabs a deeply moving beat from Khrysis that sets the stage perfectly for his raspy, realer than real raps. Add in a verse from his Jamla compatriot Rapsody that’s as top-shelf as always and some serious soul vocals from Rocki Evans. Add it all up and you get one hell of a reason to cop GQ’s upcoming Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude album, due out this coming Tuesday, March 26, via The DJBooth. I Know I’ll be grabbing a copy.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.