I know a lot of things. I know how to write about rap songs, I know how to open a beer bottle with a set of keys, and I know anything GQ is involved in is going to be dope. For the Oakland representer’s latest single GQ grabs a deeply moving beat from Khrysis that sets the stage perfectly for his raspy, realer than real raps. Add in a verse from his Jamla compatriot Rapsody that’s as top-shelf as always and some serious soul vocals from Rocki Evans. Add it all up and you get one hell of a reason to cop GQ’s upcoming Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude album, due out this coming Tuesday, March 26, via The DJBooth. I Know I’ll be grabbing a copy.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.