I know a lot of things. I know how to write about rap songs, I know how to open a beer bottle with a set of keys, and I know anything GQ is involved in is going to be dope. For the Oakland representer’s latest single GQ grabs a deeply moving beat from Khrysis that sets the stage perfectly for his raspy, realer than real raps. Add in a verse from his Jamla compatriot Rapsody that’s as top-shelf as always and some serious soul vocals from Rocki Evans. Add it all up and you get one hell of a reason to cop GQ’s upcoming Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude album, due out this coming Tuesday, March 26, via The DJBooth. I Know I’ll be grabbing a copy.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/13
University of North Carolina baller-turned-emcee GQ has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest street release, Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude. The official prelude to the artist's as yet-unscheduled...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.