I know a lot of things. I know how to write about rap songs, I know how to open a beer bottle with a set of keys, and I know anything GQ is involved in is going to be dope. For the Oakland representer’s latest single GQ grabs a deeply moving beat from Khrysis that sets the stage perfectly for his raspy, realer than real raps. Add in a verse from his Jamla compatriot Rapsody that’s as top-shelf as always and some serious soul vocals from Rocki Evans. Add it all up and you get one hell of a reason to cop GQ’s upcoming Death Threats & Love Notes: The Prelude album, due out this coming Tuesday, March 26, via The DJBooth. I Know I’ll be grabbing a copy.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.