Spirits a little low this morning? Not to worry—GQ has stopped by the Booth with a little something to help you Get Fly. (And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere, so you don’t have to worry about readers of other sites outshining you.) The fourth of six entries in his label’s ongoing Summer of Jamla series, this cut finds in-house beatsmith Khrysis layering tranquil harp samples and spacey synth arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Oakland lyricist showcases his low-key swagger. While GQ expresses pessimism regarding this joint’s public reception (“You feel me though? You prolly don’t.”), I have a feeling he may be underestimating Booth readers’ tastes. As always, though, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. In addition to watching our pages for the final two Summer of Jamla entries, fans should keep it locked for further details on GQ’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Rated Oakland.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.