Spirits a little low this morning? Not to worry—GQ has stopped by the Booth with a little something to help you Get Fly. (And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere, so you don’t have to worry about readers of other sites outshining you.) The fourth of six entries in his label’s ongoing Summer of Jamla series, this cut finds in-house beatsmith Khrysis layering tranquil harp samples and spacey synth arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Oakland lyricist showcases his low-key swagger. While GQ expresses pessimism regarding this joint’s public reception (“You feel me though? You prolly don’t.”), I have a feeling he may be underestimating Booth readers’ tastes. As always, though, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. In addition to watching our pages for the final two Summer of Jamla entries, fans should keep it locked for further details on GQ’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Rated Oakland.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.