Spirits a little low this morning? Not to worry—GQ has stopped by the Booth with a little something to help you Get Fly. (And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere, so you don’t have to worry about readers of other sites outshining you.) The fourth of six entries in his label’s ongoing Summer of Jamla series, this cut finds in-house beatsmith Khrysis layering tranquil harp samples and spacey synth arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Oakland lyricist showcases his low-key swagger. While GQ expresses pessimism regarding this joint’s public reception (“You feel me though? You prolly don’t.”), I have a feeling he may be underestimating Booth readers’ tastes. As always, though, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. In addition to watching our pages for the final two Summer of Jamla entries, fans should keep it locked for further details on GQ’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Rated Oakland.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.