Spirits a little low this morning? Not to worry—GQ has stopped by the Booth with a little something to help you Get Fly. (And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere, so you don’t have to worry about readers of other sites outshining you.) The fourth of six entries in his label’s ongoing Summer of Jamla series, this cut finds in-house beatsmith Khrysis layering tranquil harp samples and spacey synth arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Oakland lyricist showcases his low-key swagger. While GQ expresses pessimism regarding this joint’s public reception (“You feel me though? You prolly don’t.”), I have a feeling he may be underestimating Booth readers’ tastes. As always, though, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. In addition to watching our pages for the final two Summer of Jamla entries, fans should keep it locked for further details on GQ’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Rated Oakland.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.