Fresh off earning reader approval for Count’em Up, West Coast buzzmaker GQ returns to the Booth with another freshly-minted single off his impending studio album. Jamla boss 9th Wonder once again mans the mixing boards, backing his signee’s intricately-flowed snapshots of the hustle with deliberate percussion and stop-start string samples. Los Angeles neighbors Bad Lucc and Problem contribute tightly-wound guest 16s. Rated Oakland is slated to hit online retailers Tuesday, June 24, at which point it will also be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.