Another Road, the introspective lead single off GQ‘s next independent full-length, met a surprisingly chilly reception when it hit our front page back in May. Unfazed, the West Coast emcee bounces back with a follow-up that’s considerably more upbeat in tone. On Count’em Up, Jamla boss 9th Wonder serves up a smooth, sampled beat to back GQ’s lyrical reflections on the grind, as well as those of Nipsey Hussle and labelmate Rapper Big Pooh. Rated Oakland is slated to hit online retailers Tuesday, June 24, at which point it will also be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.