Another Road, the introspective lead single off GQ‘s next independent full-length, met a surprisingly chilly reception when it hit our front page back in May. Unfazed, the West Coast emcee bounces back with a follow-up that’s considerably more upbeat in tone. On Count’em Up, Jamla boss 9th Wonder serves up a smooth, sampled beat to back GQ’s lyrical reflections on the grind, as well as those of Nipsey Hussle and labelmate Rapper Big Pooh. Rated Oakland is slated to hit online retailers Tuesday, June 24, at which point it will also be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Period" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.