Recently signed to 9th Wonder‘s Jamla Records label, Birmingham, Alabama rapper (and former UNC standout) GQ gives listeners a little insight into his grind on standout mixtape cut 1st Period. This reflective selection finds the artist dropping heartfelt, introspective bars over a sampled instrumental by The Xtraordinary Gentlemen. Released earlier this month, GQ’s Blended 3 street album is available now online.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Optimus Prime" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.