Recently signed to 9th Wonder‘s Jamla Records label, Birmingham, Alabama rapper (and former UNC standout) GQ gives listeners a little insight into his grind on standout mixtape cut 1st Period. This reflective selection finds the artist dropping heartfelt, introspective bars over a sampled instrumental by The Xtraordinary Gentlemen. Released earlier this month, GQ’s Blended 3 street album is available now online.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Optimus Prime" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.