Everyone deals with a breakup differently. Some go buy some new gear, while others choose to drown their sorrows in alcohol and random hookups. Booth newcomer Gowe copes with the end of a relationship by expressing his feelings via hand-written Letters. Elyon Beats crafts a snare-heavy beat featuring a slick piano riff to back Gowe as he reflects on a lost love. While the instrumental, which has a slightly melancholy vibe, is the foundation of the track, Gowe’s introspective lyrics and fluid delivery are what makes this song memorable. Letters can be found on the Seattle native’s Summer Breeze Sonatas mixtape, available for purchase via Gowe’s Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.