Having successfully branched out from his Big Apple roots with G-Unit Philly and G-Unit South, rap mogul 50 Cent recently expanded his musical empire yet further with the launch of G-Note, an imprint devoted to sounds that fall outside the aggressive blueprint established by the parent label and its eponymous crew. Signee number two (after Phoenix representative Hot Rod), Charles City, Va. singer Governor provides a proper introduction to his hard-nosed brand of R&B on new single Wish Me Luck. Over a currently unknown beatsmith’s head-noddable, lightly gritty boardwork, the up-and-comer delivers a silky-smooth chronicle of his hustle. Providing moral support on the guest tip is none other than Gov’s label boss, who laces the front with some characteristically entertaining block talk of his own: “I’m ridin’ with the top down, trunk full of Yoda / Ghetto pharmaceutical, I move that Coca-Cola…” Digging Governor’s street-meets-soul style? Then keep it locked for release details on the artist’s yet-untitled junior album, scheduled to hit stores sometime in late 2011.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.