Having successfully branched out from his Big Apple roots with G-Unit Philly and G-Unit South, rap mogul 50 Cent recently expanded his musical empire yet further with the launch of G-Note, an imprint devoted to sounds that fall outside the aggressive blueprint established by the parent label and its eponymous crew. Signee number two (after Phoenix representative Hot Rod), Charles City, Va. singer Governor provides a proper introduction to his hard-nosed brand of R&B on new single Wish Me Luck. Over a currently unknown beatsmith’s head-noddable, lightly gritty boardwork, the up-and-comer delivers a silky-smooth chronicle of his hustle. Providing moral support on the guest tip is none other than Gov’s label boss, who laces the front with some characteristically entertaining block talk of his own: “I’m ridin’ with the top down, trunk full of Yoda / Ghetto pharmaceutical, I move that Coca-Cola…” Digging Governor’s street-meets-soul style? Then keep it locked for release details on the artist’s yet-untitled junior album, scheduled to hit stores sometime in late 2011.
Written by richard on 01/31/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)