I know what you’re thinking: with a stage name like Gotham Green, this up-and-comer must really care about the environment, right? Well… yes and no. As evidenced by the L.A./N.Y. dual representative’s first Booth feature, he’s one-hundred percent committed to keeping his environment filled with weed smoke. Tell Me Something, the final leak off a mixtape released today, finds DJ Quickie Mart (Gotham’s collaborator on the project) serving up an appropriately mellow, bass-driven groove as the rapper gives listeners a little insight into his background, as well as his love of everything THC-related. Handling guest duties here is a Gary, Indiana buzzmaker with an equally deep interest in ecology; rising rap star Freddie Gibbs takes the reins on verse two, showcasing some characteristically agile flows as he describes the difficult life of a dealer. Topped off with a smooth hook by soul songstress Jes Hudak, Tell Me Something is sure to satisfy listeners craving a laid-back street banger. For more from Green and DJ Quickie Mart, check out Haze Diaries 3, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
Submit your Rating
Super Mart Produce/Won't Make It Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.