I know what you’re thinking: with a stage name like Gotham Green, this up-and-comer must really care about the environment, right? Well… yes and no. As evidenced by the L.A./N.Y. dual representative’s first Booth feature, he’s one-hundred percent committed to keeping his environment filled with weed smoke. Tell Me Something, the final leak off a mixtape released today, finds DJ Quickie Mart (Gotham’s collaborator on the project) serving up an appropriately mellow, bass-driven groove as the rapper gives listeners a little insight into his background, as well as his love of everything THC-related. Handling guest duties here is a Gary, Indiana buzzmaker with an equally deep interest in ecology; rising rap star Freddie Gibbs takes the reins on verse two, showcasing some characteristically agile flows as he describes the difficult life of a dealer. Topped off with a smooth hook by soul songstress Jes Hudak, Tell Me Something is sure to satisfy listeners craving a laid-back street banger. For more from Green and DJ Quickie Mart, check out Haze Diaries 3, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
Submit your Rating
Super Mart Produce/Won't Make It Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.