I know what you’re thinking: with a stage name like Gotham Green, this up-and-comer must really care about the environment, right? Well… yes and no. As evidenced by the L.A./N.Y. dual representative’s first Booth feature, he’s one-hundred percent committed to keeping his environment filled with weed smoke. Tell Me Something, the final leak off a mixtape released today, finds DJ Quickie Mart (Gotham’s collaborator on the project) serving up an appropriately mellow, bass-driven groove as the rapper gives listeners a little insight into his background, as well as his love of everything THC-related. Handling guest duties here is a Gary, Indiana buzzmaker with an equally deep interest in ecology; rising rap star Freddie Gibbs takes the reins on verse two, showcasing some characteristically agile flows as he describes the difficult life of a dealer. Topped off with a smooth hook by soul songstress Jes Hudak, Tell Me Something is sure to satisfy listeners craving a laid-back street banger. For more from Green and DJ Quickie Mart, check out Haze Diaries 3, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
Submit your Rating
Super Mart Produce/Won't Make It Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.