I know what you’re thinking: with a stage name like Gotham Green, this up-and-comer must really care about the environment, right? Well… yes and no. As evidenced by the L.A./N.Y. dual representative’s first Booth feature, he’s one-hundred percent committed to keeping his environment filled with weed smoke. Tell Me Something, the final leak off a mixtape released today, finds DJ Quickie Mart (Gotham’s collaborator on the project) serving up an appropriately mellow, bass-driven groove as the rapper gives listeners a little insight into his background, as well as his love of everything THC-related. Handling guest duties here is a Gary, Indiana buzzmaker with an equally deep interest in ecology; rising rap star Freddie Gibbs takes the reins on verse two, showcasing some characteristically agile flows as he describes the difficult life of a dealer. Topped off with a smooth hook by soul songstress Jes Hudak, Tell Me Something is sure to satisfy listeners craving a laid-back street banger. For more from Green and DJ Quickie Mart, check out Haze Diaries 3, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
Super Mart Produce/Won't Make It Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)