into The Opposite of Adults, a reader-acclaimed meditation on cash, music and youth. Now, Chiddy (the emcee) and producer Xaphoon Jones are back on our front page with their remixed version of a another, similarly genre-defying cut: cartoon trip-hop foursome Gorillaz’ latest single, Stylo. Flowing over his partner’s aquatic-sounding, extra-spacey reinterpretation of the group’s downbeat groove, Chiddy supplements original guest feature Mos Def‘s brief contribution with two energetic verses, reveling in his status as a Cali heavyweight and pondering where he’d be without music in his life. Topped off with a few ad-libs from singer/songwriter Bobby Womack (cut from his lengthier contribution to the original), this remix should leave listeners hungry for more from Chiddy Bang and Gorillaz, the latter of whom are set to drop their third full-length, Plastic Beach, on April 28.
Written by richard on 02/24/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.