into The Opposite of Adults, a reader-acclaimed meditation on cash, music and youth. Now, Chiddy (the emcee) and producer Xaphoon Jones are back on our front page with their remixed version of a another, similarly genre-defying cut: cartoon trip-hop foursome Gorillaz’ latest single, Stylo. Flowing over his partner’s aquatic-sounding, extra-spacey reinterpretation of the group’s downbeat groove, Chiddy supplements original guest feature Mos Def‘s brief contribution with two energetic verses, reveling in his status as a Cali heavyweight and pondering where he’d be without music in his life. Topped off with a few ad-libs from singer/songwriter Bobby Womack (cut from his lengthier contribution to the original), this remix should leave listeners hungry for more from Chiddy Bang and Gorillaz, the latter of whom are set to drop their third full-length, Plastic Beach, on April 28.
Written by richard on 02/24/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.