into The Opposite of Adults, a reader-acclaimed meditation on cash, music and youth. Now, Chiddy (the emcee) and producer Xaphoon Jones are back on our front page with their remixed version of a another, similarly genre-defying cut: cartoon trip-hop foursome Gorillaz’ latest single, Stylo. Flowing over his partner’s aquatic-sounding, extra-spacey reinterpretation of the group’s downbeat groove, Chiddy supplements original guest feature Mos Def‘s brief contribution with two energetic verses, reveling in his status as a Cali heavyweight and pondering where he’d be without music in his life. Topped off with a few ad-libs from singer/songwriter Bobby Womack (cut from his lengthier contribution to the original), this remix should leave listeners hungry for more from Chiddy Bang and Gorillaz, the latter of whom are set to drop their third full-length, Plastic Beach, on April 28.
Written by richard on 02/24/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)