Quick: if you could bring Three [living] Artists from any genre together on One Song, who would they be? Not that I’ve given this more than two minutes of thought, but I wouldn’t mind hearing Ghostface share the mic with Al Green over a beat by Green Gartside of ‘80s hitmakers Scritti Politti (with a sax solo by Sonny Rollins, if producers don’t count). Well, Converse has launched a new campaign dedicated to making those dream matchups into reality. The latest entry in the series (whose title I not-so-cleverly worked into the opening sentence), DoYaThing finds cartoon supergroup Gorillaz cooking up a quirky, upbeat electro backdrop for deadpan flows from frontman 2D (aka Damon Albarn). James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem/DFA Records fame lends his inimitably off-the-cuff vocals to the chorus and bridge and, for the coup de grace, Andre 3k continues his streak of stellar guest work with a restlessly creative closing 16. Does this eclectic banger leave you craving more unlikely, yet fresh matchups? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further Three Artists, One Song releases in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stylo (Chiddy Bang Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.