Quick: if you could bring Three [living] Artists from any genre together on One Song, who would they be? Not that I’ve given this more than two minutes of thought, but I wouldn’t mind hearing Ghostface share the mic with Al Green over a beat by Green Gartside of ‘80s hitmakers Scritti Politti (with a sax solo by Sonny Rollins, if producers don’t count). Well, Converse has launched a new campaign dedicated to making those dream matchups into reality. The latest entry in the series (whose title I not-so-cleverly worked into the opening sentence), DoYaThing finds cartoon supergroup Gorillaz cooking up a quirky, upbeat electro backdrop for deadpan flows from frontman 2D (aka Damon Albarn). James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem/DFA Records fame lends his inimitably off-the-cuff vocals to the chorus and bridge and, for the coup de grace, Andre 3k continues his streak of stellar guest work with a restlessly creative closing 16. Does this eclectic banger leave you craving more unlikely, yet fresh matchups? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further Three Artists, One Song releases in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stylo (Chiddy Bang Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.