Imagine; you’re at the club with your guys/gals, the bartender is pouring and you’re ready to drink enough to forget about today (and tomorrow’s) problems. Then, while you’re spending next month’s electric bill, they play Ke$ha followed by Pitbull, followed by Gorilla Zoe. Yes, I can see it already. No secrets or subliminals here as Gorilla drops off his new single Twisted, which of course deals with getting drunk, slizzard, twisted, hammered, or whatever you like to call it. Bringing in certified hit-maker Lil Jon to scream on the track, Twisted is an uptempo and head-nodding song that’ll make you dance, whether you like it or not. Produced by DJ Montay, Gorilla spits about every club activity you can think of, from dancing with that new girl to attempting to take her home to slumber. Those eager to knock back a few with the ATL native will want to put his upcoming and unscheduled new album King Kong on deck (assuming you aren’t driving of course). In the meantime, the question is - will Twisted leave you singing along the day after or with a hangover from hell?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.