When Gorilla Zoe released his debut single, Hood N*gga, in early ‘07, it led to radio and street success, which in turn led to his solo debut, Welcome to the Zoo. One year later, the Block Ent/Bad Boy South artist hopes to rebuild his buzz with a sophomore set, entitled Don’t Feed The Animals. The official first single, I’m Dumb, follows a nearly-identical formula to Hood N*gga: the intro verse begins immediately, followed by the hook and three eight-bar verses alternating with the refrain, and finishing off with the same intro. Although this style has proven successful for Zoe before, will the pattern once again catch on with audiences? Find out this summer, when Big Block and Diddy push I’m Dumb to the airwaves.
Written by Burmy on 05/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.