For most of us, March 17 is a day spent wearing green clothing and eating corned beef and cabbage (though we at the Booth prefer Irish stew). For Block Ent’s Gorilla Zoe, however, it’s all about another kind of green; Zoe’s new album, Don’t Feed the Animals, will be released on St. Patrick’s Day. As the project’s first single, Lost, continues its efforts to pick up steam, the emcee has rolled out a new buzz single strictly for the Southern streets; with nary a pause between his verses, the Atlanta native stunts with a catchy rhyme scheme on What It Is. Featuring a guest verse from Rick Ross and production from Zaytoven (Best. Producer name. Ever.), What It Is should play well with its intended audience, but may leave everyone else wanting a little bit more…
Written by Burmy on 12/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.