Two weeks ago, DJBooth posted the new Gorilla Zoe track, I’m Dumb, off his upcoming mixtape, No B*tch Ass Ness. Many members noted the track’s similarity to his debut single, Hood Figga. Apparently, Big Block and Diddy thought so too, leading them to leak the official first single, showing (what else?) Gorilla Zoe’s addiction to hustling On The Corner. This time, Zoe serves up a summer anthem with the help of Sean Kingston and J.R. Rotem‘s street and club-ready beat, which samples DNA and Suzanne Vega‘s classic, Tom’s Diner. While it’s definitely a good sign to see Gorilla Zoe thinking outside the Bad Boy/Block Ent. box for collaborations, will it translate to hit success? To quote the Magic 8-ball, “Outlook Good.”
Written by Burmy on 06/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.