During a recent interview inside the DJ Booth, Block Ent./Bad Boy South artist Gorilla Zoe described his style of music as “kudzu,” explaining that he can “wrap around anything” and adapt to many musical styles. To demonstrate, the ATLien’s new buzz single Lost features no rapping at all; rather, Zoe relies on his bass sung vocals (and some autotune) to help tell the story of just how empty the hood lifestyle can leave you feeling. Autotune master Lil’ Wayne shares a similar tale (involving his purple syrup addiction), and Drumma Boy‘s production completes the illustration to make Lost some Gorilla Zoe’s most interesting work to date. For more versatile music, pick up Zoe’s sophomore album Don’t Feed The Animals, set to be released on September 23.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.