During a recent interview inside the DJ Booth, Block Ent./Bad Boy South artist Gorilla Zoe described his style of music as “kudzu,” explaining that he can “wrap around anything” and adapt to many musical styles. To demonstrate, the ATLien’s new buzz single Lost features no rapping at all; rather, Zoe relies on his bass sung vocals (and some autotune) to help tell the story of just how empty the hood lifestyle can leave you feeling. Autotune master Lil’ Wayne shares a similar tale (involving his purple syrup addiction), and Drumma Boy‘s production completes the illustration to make Lost some Gorilla Zoe’s most interesting work to date. For more versatile music, pick up Zoe’s sophomore album Don’t Feed The Animals, set to be released on September 23.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.