During a recent interview inside the DJ Booth, Block Ent./Bad Boy South artist Gorilla Zoe described his style of music as “kudzu,” explaining that he can “wrap around anything” and adapt to many musical styles. To demonstrate, the ATLien’s new buzz single Lost features no rapping at all; rather, Zoe relies on his bass sung vocals (and some autotune) to help tell the story of just how empty the hood lifestyle can leave you feeling. Autotune master Lil’ Wayne shares a similar tale (involving his purple syrup addiction), and Drumma Boy‘s production completes the illustration to make Lost some Gorilla Zoe’s most interesting work to date. For more versatile music, pick up Zoe’s sophomore album Don’t Feed The Animals, set to be released on September 23.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.