During a recent interview inside the DJ Booth, Block Ent./Bad Boy South artist Gorilla Zoe described his style of music as “kudzu,” explaining that he can “wrap around anything” and adapt to many musical styles. To demonstrate, the ATLien’s new buzz single Lost features no rapping at all; rather, Zoe relies on his bass sung vocals (and some autotune) to help tell the story of just how empty the hood lifestyle can leave you feeling. Autotune master Lil’ Wayne shares a similar tale (involving his purple syrup addiction), and Drumma Boy‘s production completes the illustration to make Lost some Gorilla Zoe’s most interesting work to date. For more versatile music, pick up Zoe’s sophomore album Don’t Feed The Animals, set to be released on September 23.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!