During a recent interview inside the DJ Booth, Block Ent./Bad Boy South artist Gorilla Zoe described his style of music as “kudzu,” explaining that he can “wrap around anything” and adapt to many musical styles. To demonstrate, the ATLien’s new buzz single Lost features no rapping at all; rather, Zoe relies on his bass sung vocals (and some autotune) to help tell the story of just how empty the hood lifestyle can leave you feeling. Autotune master Lil’ Wayne shares a similar tale (involving his purple syrup addiction), and Drumma Boy‘s production completes the illustration to make Lost some Gorilla Zoe’s most interesting work to date. For more versatile music, pick up Zoe’s sophomore album Don’t Feed The Animals, set to be released on September 23.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.