Since last year’s economic crash, many former high-rollers have gone a more populist route, creating “recession music” for the common man (and woman, of course). Is Gorilla Zoe following their lead? Not a freaking chance! Newly-released single Alright finds the rapper partying as hard – and as expensively – as ever, knocking back shot after shot of Patron as he enjoys the company of a “pretty little Rozay sipper” who’s “dancing on [his] zipper.” Mac Niff backs Gorilla Zoe’s unapologetic stunting with some appropriately bombastic boardwork, piling synth after synth onto a midtempo percussion rhythm and topping the whole club-ready concoction off with a catchy chopped-n-screwed hook. So, Booth readers, is this dancefloor-scorching single destined to become a smash, or is it simply Alright (“All Right,” to all you English teachers out there)? Whatever your opinion, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Zoe’s King Kong LP, currently set to hit stores and online retailers April 6, 2010.
Written by richard on 10/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.