Since last year’s economic crash, many former high-rollers have gone a more populist route, creating “recession music” for the common man (and woman, of course). Is Gorilla Zoe following their lead? Not a freaking chance! Newly-released single Alright finds the rapper partying as hard – and as expensively – as ever, knocking back shot after shot of Patron as he enjoys the company of a “pretty little Rozay sipper” who’s “dancing on [his] zipper.” Mac Niff backs Gorilla Zoe’s unapologetic stunting with some appropriately bombastic boardwork, piling synth after synth onto a midtempo percussion rhythm and topping the whole club-ready concoction off with a catchy chopped-n-screwed hook. So, Booth readers, is this dancefloor-scorching single destined to become a smash, or is it simply Alright (“All Right,” to all you English teachers out there)? Whatever your opinion, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Zoe’s King Kong LP, currently set to hit stores and online retailers April 6, 2010.
Written by richard on 10/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.