Since last year’s economic crash, many former high-rollers have gone a more populist route, creating “recession music” for the common man (and woman, of course). Is Gorilla Zoe following their lead? Not a freaking chance! Newly-released single Alright finds the rapper partying as hard – and as expensively – as ever, knocking back shot after shot of Patron as he enjoys the company of a “pretty little Rozay sipper” who’s “dancing on [his] zipper.” Mac Niff backs Gorilla Zoe’s unapologetic stunting with some appropriately bombastic boardwork, piling synth after synth onto a midtempo percussion rhythm and topping the whole club-ready concoction off with a catchy chopped-n-screwed hook. So, Booth readers, is this dancefloor-scorching single destined to become a smash, or is it simply Alright (“All Right,” to all you English teachers out there)? Whatever your opinion, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Zoe’s King Kong LP, currently set to hit stores and online retailers April 6, 2010.
Written by richard on 10/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)