Since last year’s economic crash, many former high-rollers have gone a more populist route, creating “recession music” for the common man (and woman, of course). Is Gorilla Zoe following their lead? Not a freaking chance! Newly-released single Alright finds the rapper partying as hard – and as expensively – as ever, knocking back shot after shot of Patron as he enjoys the company of a “pretty little Rozay sipper” who’s “dancing on [his] zipper.” Mac Niff backs Gorilla Zoe’s unapologetic stunting with some appropriately bombastic boardwork, piling synth after synth onto a midtempo percussion rhythm and topping the whole club-ready concoction off with a catchy chopped-n-screwed hook. So, Booth readers, is this dancefloor-scorching single destined to become a smash, or is it simply Alright (“All Right,” to all you English teachers out there)? Whatever your opinion, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Zoe’s King Kong LP, currently set to hit stores and online retailers April 6, 2010.
Written by richard on 10/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hood N*gga" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.