As countless philosophers have noted—my man Heraclitus being one of the first—there’s nothing consistent in this world except for change. While that knowledge is reassuring when things are going badly, the flipside is that your best-laid plans are always in danger of being derailed by circumstances beyond your control. Booth newcomer Goose knows what I’m saying; on the lead single off his next album, the Orlando buzzmaker vents his frustration at those not-so-welcome Changes that have been complicating his life lately. TapeDeckeEra takes a fittingly complex, moody approach on the production tip, layering a descending piano loop over a driving breakbeat as Goose vents his frustration with fate’s vagaries: ”This is what you get when you’re tired of being hopeful / And the choices that you made weren’t choices at all; they chose you.” In the end, however, the artist reaffirms his faith in both his own skills and the Man Upstairs. Complete with smoky hook vocals courtesy of Magic City soul group The Medley, this introspective jam is just one of many quality cuts slated for inclusion on Goose’s Inebriated LP. Watch for the project to hit store shelves and online retailers this summer.
Written by richard on 05/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"De Wallen" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.