Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In the eyes of many, claiming that someone is in need of “Special Education” is just a polite way of saying that they’re suffering from a handicap. But why does “different” have to mean “worse?” On the latest single off their long-awaited reunion album, legendary Southern crew Goodie Mob attempt to reclaim the phrase, adopting “special-ness” as a badge of honor. Young Fyre‘s buzzing, whirring synth boardwork bangs in the back as Big Kipp, Khujo, T-Mos and Cee-Lo Green enthusiastically celebrate the ish that sets them apart from their peers in the game. And who better to guest on an ode to nonconformity than Janelle Monáe? The ArchAndroid lends her always-engaging vocals to the record’s hook. Goodie Mob’s Age Against the Machine LP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for further details.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fight to Win" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.