Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In the eyes of many, claiming that someone is in need of “Special Education” is just a polite way of saying that they’re suffering from a handicap. But why does “different” have to mean “worse?” On the latest single off their long-awaited reunion album, legendary Southern crew Goodie Mob attempt to reclaim the phrase, adopting “special-ness” as a badge of honor. Young Fyre‘s buzzing, whirring synth boardwork bangs in the back as Big Kipp, Khujo, T-Mos and Cee-Lo Green enthusiastically celebrate the ish that sets them apart from their peers in the game. And who better to guest on an ode to nonconformity than Janelle Monáe? The ArchAndroid lends her always-engaging vocals to the record’s hook. Goodie Mob’s Age Against the Machine LP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for further details.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fight to Win" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)