Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In the eyes of many, claiming that someone is in need of “Special Education” is just a polite way of saying that they’re suffering from a handicap. But why does “different” have to mean “worse?” On the latest single off their long-awaited reunion album, legendary Southern crew Goodie Mob attempt to reclaim the phrase, adopting “special-ness” as a badge of honor. Young Fyre‘s buzzing, whirring synth boardwork bangs in the back as Big Kipp, Khujo, T-Mos and Cee-Lo Green enthusiastically celebrate the ish that sets them apart from their peers in the game. And who better to guest on an ode to nonconformity than Janelle Monáe? The ArchAndroid lends her always-engaging vocals to the record’s hook. Goodie Mob’s Age Against the Machine LP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for further details.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Legendary ATL hip-hop crew Goodie Mob have made their return to the game official with the release of Age Against the Machine. The group's fifth LP in total, and their first since dropping One Monkey Don't Stop No Show back...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fight to Win" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.