While most will undoubtedly agree that it’s been dope to watch ATL eccentric Cee-Lo Green ascend to the highest echelon of pop success over the last couple years, one question has remained on the lips of Dungeon Family devotees through it all: when is Goodie Mob going to start releasing new music again? Well, I’m happy to say that day has finally come; premiered yesterday on NBC’s The Voice, new single Fight to Win marks the beloved Southern quartet’s official return to the game after about eight years on hiatus. Rather than returning to the classic Goodie sound, though, the crew have retooled their style for maximum pop appeal—in fact, the record wouldn’t sound terribly out of place on a Cee-Lo solo effort. Here, produce Rico Wade‘s bombastic, keyboard boardwork sets the stage for towering inspirational verses from Mr. Calloway. Big Gipp, Khujo and T-Mos take center stage during the record’s majestic speed-soul climax, delivering declamatory bars through a soup of studio effects. So, does this single bode well for the 2012 incarnation of Goodie Mobb? Debate away—and keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled arrival of the group’s Age Against the Machine LP.
Written by richard on 04/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is That You God?" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.