Back in April, the Internet was abuzz and it had nothing to do with race relations in America, the NHL playoff picture or Mitt Romney’s promise to win the state of Pennsylvania in November. No, the buzz was about the first single from Kanye West’ forthcoming G.O.O.D Music compilation album. Mercy, produced by newly-signed in-house producer Lifted, finds Ringmaster Ye and his lablemate friends doing what they do best—stunting on the competition and taking no prisoners. Trying to outdo one another (alongside their label boss) are Mr. Finally Famous Big Sean, whose creatively ignorant rhymes sound as fresh as always, Pusha T, who many will clamor gave the best performance, and recent label addition 2 Chainz. There is no set release date for the label’s compilation album Cruel Summer, but The Island Def Jam Music Group has said the album is on their summer calender.
Written by DJ Z on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Like (Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.