Back in April, the Internet was abuzz and it had nothing to do with race relations in America, the NHL playoff picture or Mitt Romney’s promise to win the state of Pennsylvania in November. No, the buzz was about the first single from Kanye West’ forthcoming G.O.O.D Music compilation album. Mercy, produced by newly-signed in-house producer Lifted, finds Ringmaster Ye and his lablemate friends doing what they do best—stunting on the competition and taking no prisoners. Trying to outdo one another (alongside their label boss) are Mr. Finally Famous Big Sean, whose creatively ignorant rhymes sound as fresh as always, Pusha T, who many will clamor gave the best performance, and recent label addition 2 Chainz. There is no set release date for the label’s compilation album Cruel Summer, but The Island Def Jam Music Group has said the album is on their summer calender.
Written by DJ Z on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Like (Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.