Though The DJBooth hosted Goldyard‘s debut EP when it dropped in January, we still haven’t posted a proper audio feature from the ATL trio. The f**k is up with that? To answer my own question, I have no idea—but I’m happy to say we’re rectifying that oversight by bringing y’all the world premiere of new single Golden Eye. Despite what the title suggests, this cut finds the group focused on one particular color, and gold ain’t it: “All I want is green… stick a n**ga for the cream, stick a n**ga for the cream.” Over crew member Flick James‘s cavernous boardwork, A.T. and In-Doe trade cash-centric verses with Big Face Banks, Heeno Grants and Ben Frank Jr. of A-Town’s Big Face Paper Gang. F**k Culture 2 has yet to receive a drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.