Though The DJBooth hosted Goldyard‘s debut EP when it dropped in January, we still haven’t posted a proper audio feature from the ATL trio. The f**k is up with that? To answer my own question, I have no idea—but I’m happy to say we’re rectifying that oversight by bringing y’all the world premiere of new single Golden Eye. Despite what the title suggests, this cut finds the group focused on one particular color, and gold ain’t it: “All I want is green… stick a n**ga for the cream, stick a n**ga for the cream.” Over crew member Flick James‘s cavernous boardwork, A.T. and In-Doe trade cash-centric verses with Big Face Banks, Heeno Grants and Ben Frank Jr. of A-Town’s Big Face Paper Gang. F**k Culture 2 has yet to receive a drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.