Though The DJBooth hosted Goldyard‘s debut EP when it dropped in January, we still haven’t posted a proper audio feature from the ATL trio. The f**k is up with that? To answer my own question, I have no idea—but I’m happy to say we’re rectifying that oversight by bringing y’all the world premiere of new single Golden Eye. Despite what the title suggests, this cut finds the group focused on one particular color, and gold ain’t it: “All I want is green… stick a n**ga for the cream, stick a n**ga for the cream.” Over crew member Flick James‘s cavernous boardwork, A.T. and In-Doe trade cash-centric verses with Big Face Banks, Heeno Grants and Ben Frank Jr. of A-Town’s Big Face Paper Gang. F**k Culture 2 has yet to receive a drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.