On an Email attached to this record, GoldLink writes, “Been thinkin bout gettin this tatt all on my face, who gives a f**k nobody get to me see anyway.” Ironic because the title of this song is “Sober Thoughts,” and the aforementioned quote clearly doesn’t fall into that category. Oh well; even if he isn’t exactly thinking sober, the DMV fast-riser can still showcase his unique style. Over an electro-tinged beat with a funky, laid-back vibe, courtesy of Montreal producerKaytranada, GoldLink shows why his name is hotter than some Mambo sauce. His cool, left-of-center approach is just too refreshing. To find out more about this enigmatic emcee, stream and/or download his currently-trending project, The God Complex.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.