As you may have deduced from the freaky bars he spit on his last feature, On&On (Remix), GoldLink is a certified Playah. On his latest single, a collaboration with Russian beatsmith BMB, the Virginia buzzmaker emphasizes the point, schooling listeners on his sexual prolificacy as well as his ironclad dedication to the hustle. More striking than the track’s subject matter, however, are Link’s skills on the mic. Though his partner’s beat features one of the most unpredictable rhythm sections I’ve heard since Ludacris got Stung by Red and Meth in ‘02, the emcee manages to sound right at home over the left-of-center instrumental backdrop. Has Playah whet your appetite for more? Then keep it locked; this promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.