As you may have deduced from the freaky bars he spit on his last feature, On&On (Remix), GoldLink is a certified Playah. On his latest single, a collaboration with Russian beatsmith BMB, the Virginia buzzmaker emphasizes the point, schooling listeners on his sexual prolificacy as well as his ironclad dedication to the hustle. More striking than the track’s subject matter, however, are Link’s skills on the mic. Though his partner’s beat features one of the most unpredictable rhythm sections I’ve heard since Ludacris got Stung by Red and Meth in ‘02, the emcee manages to sound right at home over the left-of-center instrumental backdrop. Has Playah whet your appetite for more? Then keep it locked; this promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.