As you may have deduced from the freaky bars he spit on his last feature, On&On (Remix), GoldLink is a certified Playah. On his latest single, a collaboration with Russian beatsmith BMB, the Virginia buzzmaker emphasizes the point, schooling listeners on his sexual prolificacy as well as his ironclad dedication to the hustle. More striking than the track’s subject matter, however, are Link’s skills on the mic. Though his partner’s beat features one of the most unpredictable rhythm sections I’ve heard since Ludacris got Stung by Red and Meth in ‘02, the emcee manages to sound right at home over the left-of-center instrumental backdrop. Has Playah whet your appetite for more? Then keep it locked; this promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)