If the title of his next project is to be believed, GoldLink has a little bit of a God Complex. It’s only right, then, that the DMV representative resides in his own personal heaven. On the latest single off the set, follow-up to January’s The Heart, the unsigned buzzmaker welcomes us to Planet Paradise, a place where dope art abounds and realness reigns supreme. In rapid-fire verses, Link offers a tantalizing glimpse of life in his world. Louie Lastic backs his hyperkinetic flows with an appropriately exhilarating melange of synths, samples and heavily-syncopated percussion. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the April 1, arrival of GoldLink’s latest digital full-length.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.