Way back in April, we featured a smooth cut from Snakehips titled On & On. Personally, I gave the song five stars and thought there was no way it could get any better… then I heard GoldLink’s On&On (Remix). Kaytranada gives the record a different feel thanks to some unique touches—including an organ-like synth and a clapping beat—but keeps the original’s buttery vibe intact. Goldlink’s unique, helter-skelter flow is a cool contrast to the cloudy beat. Although the instrumental and vocals are different in tone, they really work well together. If you want to go On&On listening to GoldLink, check out his last feature, August’s Electronic Relaxation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.