Way back in April, we featured a smooth cut from Snakehips titled On & On. Personally, I gave the song five stars and thought there was no way it could get any better… then I heard GoldLink’s On&On (Remix). Kaytranada gives the record a different feel thanks to some unique touches—including an organ-like synth and a clapping beat—but keeps the original’s buttery vibe intact. Goldlink’s unique, helter-skelter flow is a cool contrast to the cloudy beat. Although the instrumental and vocals are different in tone, they really work well together. If you want to go On&On listening to GoldLink, check out his last feature, August’s Electronic Relaxation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.