When life is getting you down, there are few better ways to get your mind off your problems than to dim the lights, put on some headphones and take solace in some good music. Jason Caesar knows just what I’m talking about. On his debut feature as frontman of newly-formed crew Göld Spex, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the longtime reader fave escapes from the turmoil that currently reigns in his love life by drawing the shades and getting Lost in the Sound. Caesar’s behind-the-boards crewmates, Austin Leeds and ATM, along with Banger Committee, turn in an instrumental backdrop that’s every bit as immersive as the song’s premise would lead you to imagine, layering delayed keyboard keys and synth-strings over a cavernous, subtly driving rhythm section. For Lost in the Sound and much more, cop Göld Spex’ self-titled debut EP when it drops March 5, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.