Given the title, you might expect Swervin, the latest feature from Cali crew Gold Rush Kings, to be a trippy, intoxicant-fueled cut. Well, you would be half-right. OSYM‘s trippy bordwork might induce a high but, as for the duo’s bars are concerned, they couldn’t be more on-point. Over a leaning, bass-heavy production (featuring some chimes and bells that add to the funky flavor), JKING and KING-O spit about ladies, liquor, and Ls, their crisp flows cutting through the foggy production. If Swervin has caught your ear, grab up a free copy of the group’s Booth-hosted project, The Rush Tape, out now.
Update: We have added the Archi Prudencio-directed visuals for Gold Rush Kings’ Swervin single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knock Em Down" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.