Given the title, you might expect Swervin, the latest feature from Cali crew Gold Rush Kings, to be a trippy, intoxicant-fueled cut. Well, you would be half-right. OSYM‘s trippy bordwork might induce a high but, as for the duo’s bars are concerned, they couldn’t be more on-point. Over a leaning, bass-heavy production (featuring some chimes and bells that add to the funky flavor), JKING and KING-O spit about ladies, liquor, and Ls, their crisp flows cutting through the foggy production. If Swervin has caught your ear, grab up a free copy of the group’s Booth-hosted project, The Rush Tape, out now.
Update: We have added the Archi Prudencio-directed visuals for Gold Rush Kings’ Swervin single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knock Em Down" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.