Given the title, you might expect Swervin, the latest feature from Cali crew Gold Rush Kings, to be a trippy, intoxicant-fueled cut. Well, you would be half-right. OSYM‘s trippy bordwork might induce a high but, as for the duo’s bars are concerned, they couldn’t be more on-point. Over a leaning, bass-heavy production (featuring some chimes and bells that add to the funky flavor), JKING and KING-O spit about ladies, liquor, and Ls, their crisp flows cutting through the foggy production. If Swervin has caught your ear, grab up a free copy of the group’s Booth-hosted project, The Rush Tape, out now.
Update: We have added the Archi Prudencio-directed visuals for Gold Rush Kings’ Swervin single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knock Em Down" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.