Given the title, you might expect Swervin, the latest feature from Cali crew Gold Rush Kings, to be a trippy, intoxicant-fueled cut. Well, you would be half-right. OSYM‘s trippy bordwork might induce a high but, as for the duo’s bars are concerned, they couldn’t be more on-point. Over a leaning, bass-heavy production (featuring some chimes and bells that add to the funky flavor), JKING and KING-O spit about ladies, liquor, and Ls, their crisp flows cutting through the foggy production. If Swervin has caught your ear, grab up a free copy of the group’s Booth-hosted project, The Rush Tape, out now.
Update: We have added the Archi Prudencio-directed visuals for Gold Rush Kings’ Swervin single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Los Angeles hip-hop duo Gold Rush Kings has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners the free digital version of their latest street release, The Rush Tape. The project packs a total of 10 original jams from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knock Em Down" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)