On their first Booth feature, released back in October, the Gold Rush Kings reflected on how Surreal it will be to finally make it, after struggling for so long. Four months later, the Cali twosome are done contemplating their future in the game and ready to seize the day. If anyone or anything gets in their way, of course, they won’t hesitate to Knock ‘Em Down. A new single off the twosome’s latest street album, this cut finds partners-in-rhyme JKING and KING-O delivering aggressive, punchline-packed bars over Diamond Style Productions’ ominous interpolation of Yeezy‘s New Slaves. Longtime DJBooth fave THURZ caps the record off with a bruising guest 16. Released today, The Rush Tape is available for purchase at Los Angeles record stores. If you don’t live in the City of Angels, no need to worry; the project will soon hit the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.