On their first Booth feature, released back in October, the Gold Rush Kings reflected on how Surreal it will be to finally make it, after struggling for so long. Four months later, the Cali twosome are done contemplating their future in the game and ready to seize the day. If anyone or anything gets in their way, of course, they won’t hesitate to Knock ‘Em Down. A new single off the twosome’s latest street album, this cut finds partners-in-rhyme JKING and KING-O delivering aggressive, punchline-packed bars over Diamond Style Productions’ ominous interpolation of Yeezy‘s New Slaves. Longtime DJBooth fave THURZ caps the record off with a bruising guest 16. Released today, The Rush Tape is available for purchase at Los Angeles record stores. If you don’t live in the City of Angels, no need to worry; the project will soon hit the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.