As those who have bumped Phonte and Exile’s contributions already know, our new Event 20/20 series has started out with a bang. Well, today we crank up the volume once again with the premiere of Montage Øne and the Gold Chain Military’s head-nod inducing Black SpaceShips. The aforementioned head-nodding beat comes courtesy of producer FredWreck, who wraps an organ line around boom-bap influenced percussion to spark the track. Fanning those flames are Gold Chain Military members TriState and Planet Asia, along with GCM general Montage, who throw lyrical jabs on the mic aimed at knocking out glass jaw emcees. Throw in a well-timed hook from Washeyi and you’ve got a cut destined to make hip-hop heads happy twice over: first when it appears on the DJBooth-hosted Event 20/20 Music Series and again when it anchors Montage One’s 10.6.3 OGX album, due out in January of 2012. For info on the newly-released 20/20 BAS studio monitors, check out Event Electronics’ official site -and keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further entries in the series throughout October and November.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/11
Submit your Rating
Stimulus One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Find One" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.