Where does an 800-pound gorilla sit? The answer, of course is, “Wherever it wants.” Similarly, when you’ve got a mic game as gigantic as that of Arkansas repper and Suga City member Goines, you get to do what you damn well please—whether it’s breaking precedent by dropping not one but two DJBooth.net freestyles, or (as is the case today) stomping onto our homepage with the world premiere of your latest effort. The inaugural leak off the artist’s forthcoming street album, Runnin’ finds Goines throwing his weight around over a gritty, sax-infused instrumental by Booth-acclaimed beat crew SMKA. In braggadocios, swagger-drenched verses, Goines mercilessly taunts the competition, advising them to “Get a Plan B—matterfact, give up / Or maybe write a book bout how them crooks overlook us.” Topped off with some hoarse chorus vocals from guest singer Joshua (of local crew Velvet Kente), Runnin is just one of many fresh selections set for inclusion on Goines’ DJBooth-hosted Something to Lose street album, set to hit our mixtape page June 21.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jim Brown [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.