The 215th entry in DJBooth.net and Streetammo‘s Exclusive Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Goines, the Arkansas representative (and Suga City member) who brought us Lead by Example: Leaders are Real People 2 back in May. On The Making of the Black Icon, his second contribution to the series (see also #170, Leader of the New School), the Conduit Entertainment signee flows over a will.i.am-produced beat originally featured on Game‘s Compton. Goines is currently putting the finishing touches on a new project entitled It’s Gotta Be Black, set to drop later this month.
But wait, it gets doper. From now until this Friday, the 19th, holiday shoppers can get 20% off on all of StreetAmmo’s fresh gear, by visiting streetammo.com and entering promo code “Holiday20.”
Written by richard on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jim Brown [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)