The 215th entry in DJBooth.net and Streetammo‘s Exclusive Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Goines, the Arkansas representative (and Suga City member) who brought us Lead by Example: Leaders are Real People 2 back in May. On The Making of the Black Icon, his second contribution to the series (see also #170, Leader of the New School), the Conduit Entertainment signee flows over a will.i.am-produced beat originally featured on Game‘s Compton. Goines is currently putting the finishing touches on a new project entitled It’s Gotta Be Black, set to drop later this month.
But wait, it gets doper. From now until this Friday, the 19th, holiday shoppers can get 20% off on all of StreetAmmo’s fresh gear, by visiting streetammo.com and entering promo code “Holiday20.”
Written by richard on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jim Brown [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.