The 215th entry in DJBooth.net and Streetammo‘s Exclusive Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Goines, the Arkansas representative (and Suga City member) who brought us Lead by Example: Leaders are Real People 2 back in May. On The Making of the Black Icon, his second contribution to the series (see also #170, Leader of the New School), the Conduit Entertainment signee flows over a will.i.am-produced beat originally featured on Game‘s Compton. Goines is currently putting the finishing touches on a new project entitled It’s Gotta Be Black, set to drop later this month.
But wait, it gets doper. From now until this Friday, the 19th, holiday shoppers can get 20% off on all of StreetAmmo’s fresh gear, by visiting streetammo.com and entering promo code “Holiday20.”
Written by richard on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jim Brown [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.