It’s been almost a year since I wrote Gods’illa intro to the Booth for Protect It, and despite the fact that their features have been few and far between, I was glad that I could do another write-up on the east coast crew. They haven’t come to disappoint this time around with new offering Sal’s Pizzeria (it’s been a long time since Do the Right Thing was fresh in my memory, so no Mookie or Pino jokes today), a cut that takes note from the movie’s soundtrack itself by following in Public Enemy’s strongly political rhymes. With distinctively raw talent and elite delivery skills, Acem Eternal Mind, God Allah Truth and Powerful Rasheem Mathematics (and I thought their first names were unique) each deliver an integral piece to the puzzle that makes up the amazing group record. There are very few artists today that can make music like this and still keep their identity intact, so enjoy and be sure to check out The CPR: Blendtape when it drops on the net sometime later than today. R.I.P. Radio Raheem.
Written by Sigurd on 03/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Protect It (Roddyrod Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.