Now I don’t know for sure if Gods’Illa named themselves after the city destroying Godzilla or, you know, God, but considering their monstrous talent and ethereal sound, either way the trio of newcomers picked a damned appropriate name. On their debut Booth feature, the three actual brothers Acem, Truth and Powerful (beat those names, Jonas Brothers) give us a taste of their abilities on Protect It (Roddyrod Remix). While the original gave listeners a nice brass background to work with, here producer Roddyrod delivers a grittier version of the track with his distorted and creative remix. On the mic ‘Illa manages to spread the talent around on the single, letting each artist drop the kind of lyrical bombs that make me think that a De La Soul or Gorillaz collaboration could be in their near future. If you liked this track smashing through your living room, be sure to check out their latest project, Up and Up Presents…Gods’Illa: The Album, out now.
Written by Sigurd on 03/23/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.