Now I don’t know for sure if Gods’Illa named themselves after the city destroying Godzilla or, you know, God, but considering their monstrous talent and ethereal sound, either way the trio of newcomers picked a damned appropriate name. On their debut Booth feature, the three actual brothers Acem, Truth and Powerful (beat those names, Jonas Brothers) give us a taste of their abilities on Protect It (Roddyrod Remix). While the original gave listeners a nice brass background to work with, here producer Roddyrod delivers a grittier version of the track with his distorted and creative remix. On the mic ‘Illa manages to spread the talent around on the single, letting each artist drop the kind of lyrical bombs that make me think that a De La Soul or Gorillaz collaboration could be in their near future. If you liked this track smashing through your living room, be sure to check out their latest project, Up and Up Presents…Gods’Illa: The Album, out now.
Written by Sigurd on 03/23/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.