Since stomping into the Booth with the colossal Protect It, back in March, Gods’Illa have been quiet… too quiet. Like their cinematic namesake, the Brooklyn residents don’t stay gone for long. Today, brothers Acem, Truth and Powerful have returned to crush our pathetic city once and for all with Glaciers II. This earth-shaking sequel, the inaugural leak off their forthcoming street album, finds the crew delivering more of the aggressively authentic lyricism they brought on their Booth debut “Mistake us for a game, think Jumanji, blow like we is the relatives of the Marleys, I’m a Black Star Mos Def like Kweli…” Of course, it wouldn’t be a monster-movie sequel without the introduction of a new metropolis-smashing menace; in addition to cooking up a claustrophobic chopped-sample beat, Joe D steps out from behind the boards to spit some blistering bars of his own. Featuring Glaciers II and much more, the group’s CPR Blendtape is scheduled to hit the net in January of 2011, and fans can look forward to a Booth-exclusive freestyle from the crew sometime in the near future!
Written by richard on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Protect It (Roddyrod Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.