It’s been precisely a decade since Oakland’s Goapele released her hit record Closer, but nothing has stopped the songbird from continuing to reach the masses with her soulful tunes. On her latest single selection, Undertow, Goapele proves that her six year absence from music (from 2005-2011) didn’t remove the soul from her soul. Backed by production from Malay, who also worked with Frank Ocean on Channel Orange, Goapele lays down her hypnotizing vocals while backed by a surprisingly bass heavy beat. Does Undertow have you yearning for your Goapele live music fix? If so, the singer will be performing later this summer in both New York City and Los Angeles, in addition to a feature part in upcoming film Sparkle. Undertow is featured on Goapele’s Break Of Dawn album, which was released last year via Decon.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.