Don’t let the title fool you—veteran soul songstress Goapele‘s latest single (and first Booth feature) isn’t one of those songs where you can simply hit “Play” and enjoy the record to the fullest. First, you need to make the necessary preparations: dim the lights, bust out the candles, scatter some rose petals around the room if you’ve got them handy, maybe call up a special someone… or, if circumstances don’t allow, just slip on some quality headphones and allow Dan Electric & Teddy Thunderbolt‘s intricately-layered studio effects and liquid bassline set the mood for you. The South African-born, Oakland-based singer-songwriter, of course, matches the instrumental’s smooth and sultry vibe on the vocal tip, lacing the beats with artfully cooed come-ons. This steamy cut is sure to get R&B-lovers amped for the arrival of Goapele’s fifth LP, Break of Dawn, scheduled to drop October 25 via Skyblaze Recordings and Decon Records.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.