Don’t let the title fool you—veteran soul songstress Goapele‘s latest single (and first Booth feature) isn’t one of those songs where you can simply hit “Play” and enjoy the record to the fullest. First, you need to make the necessary preparations: dim the lights, bust out the candles, scatter some rose petals around the room if you’ve got them handy, maybe call up a special someone… or, if circumstances don’t allow, just slip on some quality headphones and allow Dan Electric & Teddy Thunderbolt‘s intricately-layered studio effects and liquid bassline set the mood for you. The South African-born, Oakland-based singer-songwriter, of course, matches the instrumental’s smooth and sultry vibe on the vocal tip, lacing the beats with artfully cooed come-ons. This steamy cut is sure to get R&B-lovers amped for the arrival of Goapele’s fifth LP, Break of Dawn, scheduled to drop October 25 via Skyblaze Recordings and Decon Records.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.