Don’t let the title fool you—veteran soul songstress Goapele‘s latest single (and first Booth feature) isn’t one of those songs where you can simply hit “Play” and enjoy the record to the fullest. First, you need to make the necessary preparations: dim the lights, bust out the candles, scatter some rose petals around the room if you’ve got them handy, maybe call up a special someone… or, if circumstances don’t allow, just slip on some quality headphones and allow Dan Electric & Teddy Thunderbolt‘s intricately-layered studio effects and liquid bassline set the mood for you. The South African-born, Oakland-based singer-songwriter, of course, matches the instrumental’s smooth and sultry vibe on the vocal tip, lacing the beats with artfully cooed come-ons. This steamy cut is sure to get R&B-lovers amped for the arrival of Goapele’s fifth LP, Break of Dawn, scheduled to drop October 25 via Skyblaze Recordings and Decon Records.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.