It’s summertime, and y’all know what that means: love is in the air. Whether you’ve found a special someone to hold you down from June through August (...and beyond?) or you’re still looking, Goapele‘s latest single will put you in the right mindset for a breezy warm-weather romance. Her first feature on our pages since 2012’s Undertow, Hey Boy finds the veteran indie songstress in hot pursuit of a fella who insists on playing it cool. To back the singer as she makes her move, producer Keith Harris cooks up a sun-kissed fusion of hip-hop and old-school R&B. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Goapele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.