It’s summertime, and y’all know what that means: love is in the air. Whether you’ve found a special someone to hold you down from June through August (...and beyond?) or you’re still looking, Goapele‘s latest single will put you in the right mindset for a breezy warm-weather romance. Her first feature on our pages since 2012’s Undertow, Hey Boy finds the veteran indie songstress in hot pursuit of a fella who insists on playing it cool. To back the singer as she makes her move, producer Keith Harris cooks up a sun-kissed fusion of hip-hop and old-school R&B. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Goapele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.