It’s summertime, and y’all know what that means: love is in the air. Whether you’ve found a special someone to hold you down from June through August (...and beyond?) or you’re still looking, Goapele‘s latest single will put you in the right mindset for a breezy warm-weather romance. Her first feature on our pages since 2012’s Undertow, Hey Boy finds the veteran indie songstress in hot pursuit of a fella who insists on playing it cool. To back the singer as she makes her move, producer Keith Harris cooks up a sun-kissed fusion of hip-hop and old-school R&B. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Goapele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.