It’s summertime, and y’all know what that means: love is in the air. Whether you’ve found a special someone to hold you down from June through August (...and beyond?) or you’re still looking, Goapele‘s latest single will put you in the right mindset for a breezy warm-weather romance. Her first feature on our pages since 2012’s Undertow, Hey Boy finds the veteran indie songstress in hot pursuit of a fella who insists on playing it cool. To back the singer as she makes her move, producer Keith Harris cooks up a sun-kissed fusion of hip-hop and old-school R&B. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Goapele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)