It’s summertime, and y’all know what that means: love is in the air. Whether you’ve found a special someone to hold you down from June through August (...and beyond?) or you’re still looking, Goapele‘s latest single will put you in the right mindset for a breezy warm-weather romance. Her first feature on our pages since 2012’s Undertow, Hey Boy finds the veteran indie songstress in hot pursuit of a fella who insists on playing it cool. To back the singer as she makes her move, producer Keith Harris cooks up a sun-kissed fusion of hip-hop and old-school R&B. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Goapele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.