The moment I stepped foot inside a venue at SXSW my senses were immediately filled with funky music and even funkier smells emitting through the speakers and blunts. The year was 2010 and I had walked into a SXSW showcase featuring Atlanta rap group Hollyweerd, who had just taken the stage. If my life story were to be made into a movie and that moment a scene, today’s feature by Hollyweerd member Go Dreamer would definitely be the music playing while I move through the crowd in slow motion. Produced by The Flush, Match My Style is a hazy and hypnotic track where Dreamer enlists Booth fave Spree Wilson to help him speak about that one girl whose style matches his essence, ultimately paving the way for an intergalactic relationship. Ok, not necessarily intergalactic, but it’s not like the song won’t make you feel that anyway. Match My Style is featured on Go Dreamer’s latest project, Animals vs Machines 2 Side: (A)nimals. In the meantime, play this while cruising in your big white spaceship with the green windows.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.