The moment I stepped foot inside a venue at SXSW my senses were immediately filled with funky music and even funkier smells emitting through the speakers and blunts. The year was 2010 and I had walked into a SXSW showcase featuring Atlanta rap group Hollyweerd, who had just taken the stage. If my life story were to be made into a movie and that moment a scene, today’s feature by Hollyweerd member Go Dreamer would definitely be the music playing while I move through the crowd in slow motion. Produced by The Flush, Match My Style is a hazy and hypnotic track where Dreamer enlists Booth fave Spree Wilson to help him speak about that one girl whose style matches his essence, ultimately paving the way for an intergalactic relationship. Ok, not necessarily intergalactic, but it’s not like the song won’t make you feel that anyway. Match My Style is featured on Go Dreamer’s latest project, Animals vs Machines 2 Side: (A)nimals. In the meantime, play this while cruising in your big white spaceship with the green windows.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/6/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.