The moment I stepped foot inside a venue at SXSW my senses were immediately filled with funky music and even funkier smells emitting through the speakers and blunts. The year was 2010 and I had walked into a SXSW showcase featuring Atlanta rap group Hollyweerd, who had just taken the stage. If my life story were to be made into a movie and that moment a scene, today’s feature by Hollyweerd member Go Dreamer would definitely be the music playing while I move through the crowd in slow motion. Produced by The Flush, Match My Style is a hazy and hypnotic track where Dreamer enlists Booth fave Spree Wilson to help him speak about that one girl whose style matches his essence, ultimately paving the way for an intergalactic relationship. Ok, not necessarily intergalactic, but it’s not like the song won’t make you feel that anyway. Match My Style is featured on Go Dreamer’s latest project, Animals vs Machines 2 Side: (A)nimals. In the meantime, play this while cruising in your big white spaceship with the green windows.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.