The moment I stepped foot inside a venue at SXSW my senses were immediately filled with funky music and even funkier smells emitting through the speakers and blunts. The year was 2010 and I had walked into a SXSW showcase featuring Atlanta rap group Hollyweerd, who had just taken the stage. If my life story were to be made into a movie and that moment a scene, today’s feature by Hollyweerd member Go Dreamer would definitely be the music playing while I move through the crowd in slow motion. Produced by The Flush, Match My Style is a hazy and hypnotic track where Dreamer enlists Booth fave Spree Wilson to help him speak about that one girl whose style matches his essence, ultimately paving the way for an intergalactic relationship. Ok, not necessarily intergalactic, but it’s not like the song won’t make you feel that anyway. Match My Style is featured on Go Dreamer’s latest project, Animals vs Machines 2 Side: (A)nimals. In the meantime, play this while cruising in your big white spaceship with the green windows.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!